1lb Alleluia Acres ground chorizo sausage
1lb Alleluia Acres ground pork
2 – 15oz can black beans
1 – 15oz can kidney beans
2 – 15oz cans tomatoes [fire roasted for additional flavor]
1 qt chicken bone broth
cooking oil, salt & pepper
1 green bell pepper [diced]
1/2 onion [chopped]
*We use all organic ingredients and Redmond salt in our kitchen,
1. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the bottom of a stew pot. (we use avocado oil)
2. Brown chorizo and ground pork together in your pot on medium heat. When the meat is partially cooked, add in bell pepper and onion.
3. Once meat is cooked, add beans, tomatoes and broth to the pot. Do not drain the cans or rinse the meat to prevent losing flavor.
4. Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, then reduce to low heat until ready to serve.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with cheese on top and McEwen & Sons organic cornbread on the side.