It took a few tries and several crispy chops to get the best recipe down pat, but if you follow these steps you’ll have perfect chops without the trial!
- Completely thaw bone-in pork chops in the fridge overnight.
- Pre-heat grill on high heat, down to medium-high once warm.
- Season pork chops with salt & pepper on both sides, add light coating of avocado oil if desired.
- *This is the most important step.*
Check the weight that is listed on your pork chop package. This weight determines how long you need to grill your pork chop.
- Grill your chop on medium-high heat for one minute less than your poundage per side. *If your chop weighs .45, grill it for 3 minutes each side. If it’s .33, grill for two minutes each side.
- Take your chop off the grill and let it rest for a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting and enjoying.